Alliance Manchester MBA
Rankings | Class Profile | Employment Report | Sample Essays | Interview Questions
The Manchester MBA is an 18-month program with the option of also completing in 15 months or even as few as 12 months. The 18-month program allows MBAs to take all core courses, a selection of electives both in Manchester and in Dubai, Singapore, Hong Kong, and Shanghai, all three consultancy projects, an internship, and an international exchange. The 15-month program offers all of that apart from the international exchange, while the 12-month program means taking electives sooner in the program, and not taking an internship.
MBAs can specialize with their electives in areas such as finance, leadership, marketing, technology, projects, and HR. Manchester’s consultancy projects offer applied learning in the sense that “it’s very much real-business”. With the Commercial and International business projects, clients fund the cost and any expenses incurred by the students — “and as an international element is a prerequisite for the IBP, costs can run up to £20,000 for an IBP client. This means they expect the highest quality of work from our students.”
Besides the consultancy projects, Manchester MBAs also have the opportunity to take a summer internship — which means when they graduate they will have four new companies on their CVs and potentially exposure to four new industries that can help them decide on their MBA exit strategy. For more details Click Here…
|Class Profile Summary
|Average GMAT Score
|Average Work Experience (yrs.)
|Average Age (yrs.)
|29 years (24-35)
|% placed within 3 months
|Tuition Fees Summary
Alliance Manchester MBA Class Profile 2022 (Click Here)
Alliance Manchester MBA Application Tips
Essay 1: In your essay, please include information about the following (500 words):
Why do you feel it is the right time in your career to study an MBA and why would you like to gain a place on the Manchester MBA?
What are your immediate goals after you complete the programme?
How do you believe your previous experience and transferable skills, combined with the Manchester MBA, will help you to achieve your goals?
Which industry sector(s) and companies are your preferred target and which country/region would you like to work in?
What is your plan B if you are unable to achieve your preferred goals immediately?
What are your longer-term aspirations?
Quick essay Tips – To write career essays for Alliance Manchester MBA program, a very simple structure to follow is
- Explain your current position and work experience → 2. State your short and long term goals → 3. Skillsets you have acquired throughout your career so far → 4. Explain what you currently lack to attain your short and long term goal → 5. Show how an MBA from school like Alliance Manchester can help you bridge the gap in your skills to achieve your short term goal.
Detailed Essay writing Tips – The best and an easy approach to write this Alliance Manchester application essay is to break it into two parts:
- First Half – explain “what are your goals and why you need an MBA”
- Second Half – establish ”Why or how the Alliance Manchester MBA program is the perfect fit for you?”
First Half – Goals and why MBA?
Start with a strong introductory paragraph on who you are and what are your desired goals from an MBA.
Eg: “I am an engineer with four years of experience in the IT sector leading projects for clients across multiple countries. In the short term i want to transition from a software developer role to a product manager role”
For the main body, start on a strong note, show what skills you already have. B-schools in general prefer to see strong academic track record, progress in professional career, client management exposure, leadership and international experiences. Highlight some of your key achievements with numbers or awards that you may have received. Show your outstanding performance via the promotions or opportunities to lead or international deputation.
After establishing the strengths of your profile, move on to show how the limitation of your current role and skills are hindering your future career progress or desired transitions. Establish the need for upskilling yourself which can only be done via an MBA at this stage of your career. Talk about how an MBA can enhance your business acumen, leadership skills, soft skills for communication and presentation or provide you the network to grow your career or business.
This sets the context for your “Why MBA” argument. The first half of the essay explains what you already have and what you lack to grow in your career. Lastly how an MBA can unlock opportunities for you to grow.
Second Half – Why Alliance Manchester MBA?
To answer the – “why Alliance Manchester MBA” part of the essay, build your argument on 3-4 points which helps you fulfill the gaps in your skill set and achieve your goals. Reasons to choose the Alliance Manchester MBA program should align with your reason to do an MBA as mentioned in the first half of the essay.
Ensure your reasons portray a holistic approach to how you intend to gain/upskill from the MBA program. An easy way to structure can be to break it down across three buckets –
- Inside the class – what excites you the most about the Alliance Manchester MBA program in regards to the academic curriculum? Is it a particular specialization? Range of Electives? Quality of Professor? Feel free to name drop a few.
- Outside the class – outside of the academics, how do you plan to make the most of the opportunities available at Alliance Manchester? Clubs? Networking event? International exchanges? Leadership seminar? Speak with Alum, current students and find specifics which perfectly aligns with your needs to achieve your goals in a particular industry or function.
- Outside of campus – show how the overall school brand, alumni network which you would carry and be a part of long after your campus stint can help you build a successful career in the long term.
Summarize your entire essay in 3-4 lines and confidently portray how you believe the Alliance Manchester MBA program is the perfect next step or logical step for you to achieve your career goals and how you would be a great fit and valuable addition to the class if selected.
For Alliance Manchester MBA essay samples, you can also read some of the great essays written by our clients here on the sample essays page.