UNC Kenan Flagler MBA
Rankings | Class Profile | Employment Report | Sample Essays | Interview Questions
UNC Kenan Flagler MBA – Introduction
Think leadership when you consider the UNC Kenan-Flagler Business School MBA degree program. The school puts a heavy emphasis on the case-study method and group activities, putting extraordinary leadership at the core of almost everything. Students must complete all required core classes in the first year. They may also begin taking elective courses to better prepare for summer internships.
Year one also consists of a required integrative exercise. This exercise requires students to put together the methods they’ve learned in the core classes to solve complex problems. The format for the exercise is a study group-based case competition.
UNC Kenan-Flagler Business School offers eight career and enrichment concentrations; students can choose one or combine two concentrations specific to their needs. Or they can design their own course of general management study by choosing from a variety of electives. For more details Click Here…
|Class Profile Summary
|Average GMAT Score
|Average Work Experience (yrs.)
|Average Age (yrs.)
|% placed within 3 months
|Tuition Fees Summary
UNC Kenan MBA Class Profile 2020 (Click Here)
UNC Kenan Flagler MBA Application Essays
Essay 1: Please respond to the questions below that will assist us in learning more about you (500 words):
- What are your immediate career goals?
- How will you benefit personally and professionally from earning an MBA at UNC Kenan-Flagler?
- As the business world continues to evolve, circumstances can change that can guide you in a different direction. Should your goals that you provided above not transpire, what other opportunities would you explore?
Essay 2: Your response should be no longer than 300 words and should address the following question:
2020 brought many defining experiences, including: a global pandemic, changes to learning and working environments, and calls for social justice and racial equity. At UNC Kenan-Flagler Business School, these experiences propel us to strengthen efforts to increase the diversity in our community, to create a more equitable and inclusive learning environment and to teach our students to manage diversity, equity and inclusion.
What have you learned about diversity, equity and inclusion in 2020? Please share your experience and what you learned about yourself as a leader. Tell us how you changed or would like to change your leadership style? If you were not leading a team, tell us what you learned at your level about diversity, equity and inclusion. How do you expect to continue that growth in the MBA program?
Optional Essay: The optional essay (for all applicants) provides an opportunity to share additional information not presented elsewhere in your application with the admissions committee. In 150 words or less, consider addressing any of the questions below:
- If you have not completed coursework in the core business subjects (calculus, microeconomics, statistics, financial accounting), how will you prepare yourself?
- What conditions caused you to experience inconsistent academics, gaps in work, or low standardized test scores?
- How have you chosen your recommenders?