Rankings | Class Profile | Employment Report | Sample Essays | Interview Questions
The Financial Times and The Economist rank Mannheim as Germany’s top school in management studies. Overall, FT places Mannheim 49th globally, up from 55th in 2015, while The Economist ranked it 38th in both 2014 and 2015.
Mannheim’s 12-month MBA features small classes, with only 50-60 students per cohort. They are very diverse cohorts, however, with more than 20 different nationalities represented. The program offers a general management education, Bürkle says, that combines readily applicable business know-how with an interactive, team-oriented approach to education. In addition, “A Social Sustainability Project and Business Master Project are integral elements of the program that allow participants to get hands-on experience by putting their newly acquired knowledge into practice,” he says. “An entirely distinctive element of the Mannheim MBA is the possibility to choose from five regional tracks the one that best fits their profile.” For more details Click Here…
|Class Profile Summary
|Average GMAT Score
|Average Work Experience (yrs.)
|Average Age (yrs.)
|% placed within 3 months
|Tuition Fees Summary
Mannheim MBA Class Profile 2021 (Click Here)
Essay 1: Please write your personal statement and include the answers to the following questions. (600 words)
What is your career strategy for the next five years?
How do you feel the Mannheim MBA can assist you in reaching your objectives?
Quick essay Tips – To write career essays for Mannheim MBA program, a very simple structure to follow is
- Explain your current position and work experience → 2. State your short and long term goals → 3. Skillsets you have acquired throughout your career so far → 4. Explain what you currently lack to attain your short and long term goal → 5. Show how an MBA from school like Mannheim can help you bridge the gap in your skills to achieve your short term goal.
Detailed Essay writing Tips – The best and an easy approach to write this Mannheim application essay is to break it into two parts:
- First Half – explain “what are your goals and why you need an MBA”
- Second Half – establish ”Why or how the Mannheim MBA program is the perfect fit for you?”
First Half – Goals and why MBA?
Start with a strong introductory paragraph on who you are and what are your desired goals from an MBA.
Eg: “I am an engineer with four years of experience in the IT sector leading projects for clients across multiple countries. In the short term i want to transition from a software developer role to a product manager role”
For the main body, start on a strong note, show what skills you already have. B-schools in general prefer to see strong academic track record, progress in professional career, client management exposure, leadership and international experiences. Highlight some of your key achievements with numbers or awards that you may have received. Show your outstanding performance via the promotions or opportunities to lead or international deputation.
After establishing the strengths of your profile, move on to show how the limitation of your current role and skills are hindering your future career progress or desired transitions. Establish the need for upskilling yourself which can only be done via an MBA at this stage of your career. Talk about how an MBA can enhance your business acumen, leadership skills, soft skills for communication and presentation or provide you the network to grow your career or business.
This sets the context for your “Why MBA” argument. The first half of the essay explains what you already have and what you lack to grow in your career. Lastly how an MBA can unlock opportunities for you to grow.
Second Half – Why Mannheim MBA?
To answer the – “why Mannheim MBA” part of the essay, build your argument on 3-4 points which helps you fulfill the gaps in your skill set and achieve your goals. Reasons to choose the Mannheim MBA program should align with your reason to do an MBA as mentioned in the first half of the essay.
Ensure your reasons portray a holistic approach to how you intend to gain/upskill from the MBA program. An easy way to structure can be to break it down across three buckets –
- Inside the class – what excites you the most about the Mannheim MBA program in regards to the academic curriculum? Is it a particular specialization? Range of Electives? Quality of Professor? Feel free to name drop a few.
- Outside the class – outside of the academics, how do you plan to make the most of the opportunities available at Mannheim? Clubs? Networking event? International exchanges? Leadership seminar? Speak with Alum, current students and find specifics which perfectly aligns with your needs to achieve your goals in a particular industry or function.
- Outside of campus – show how the overall school brand, alumni network which you would carry and be a part of long after your campus stint can help you build a successful career in the long term.
Summarize your entire essay in 3-4 lines and confidently portray how you believe the Mannheim MBA program is the perfect next step or logical step for you to achieve your career goals and how you would be a great fit and valuable addition to the class if selected.
For Mannheim MBA essay samples, you can also read some of the great essays written by our clients here on the sample essays page.